The company are a global packaging business who are one of the most recognised names in industry. They have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Plant Manager to join the business. They offer an attractive salary circa to £65k, with car allowance, healthcare/BUPA/Bonus Scheme/Life Cover, Mobile/laptop flex holiday scheme/Company Pension.
The Assistant Plant Manager Projects will progressively expand his/her sphere of responsibility whilst continuing to report and take direction from the Senior Plant Manager.
The position will be working across two sites.
- To operate with employee Health & Safety as the number one priority.
- Be a strong effective member of the Management Teams of two sites
- Help translate strategic objectives into local site-based targets.
- Capex projects.
- New Line Installations.
- Continuous Improvement Reviews.
- Process Improvements.
- Review both Lean and Best Practices.
- Assistant Coaching, mentoring, trouble-shooting and leading style.
- Review breakdown and understood root causes and recommend solutions.
- Support long-lasting and sustainable success with provision of recommendations with supporting data.
- To ensure that products are manufactured in accordance with company process, product specifications and high- quality standards.
- Ensure the sites meet the agreed output requirements, agreed cost base and its financial objectives.
- Create an environment in accordance with the values of the Company.
- Ensure the sites comply with all relevant legal requirements.
- Develop a Management Team to enable them to achieve operational objectives and to improve performance.
- Help translate strategic objectives into local site based targets
Requirements of the Manager:
- Background in high speed production is essential for this opportunity - fast paced production
- Experienced senior manager/Assistant PM - open to job title with this (operations, assistant plant, plant, engineering), but will require a manufacturing background within a unionised environment.
- Versatile background in both manufacturing and project management.
- Experienced in managing Capex Projects and New Line Install whilst also driving forward continuous improvement, whilst monitoring both lean and best practice
- Competencies: Proven Leadership Skills/Customer focused/Union Experience/Strategic, Business Acumen/Driven/Dynamic/Analytical/Understanding of 24/7 5 shift pattern operation/high volume
Salary and Benefits Package:
- Salary Circa to £65k
- Car Allowance £650 per month
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days holiday Stats (Flexible Holiday Scheme)
- Private Healthcare (Bupa)
- Company Pension
- Mobile and Laptop
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.