A leading drug delivery device manufacturing company are looking for a contract Design Engineer to join their team for at least 6 months. This is a brilliant opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an innovative and supportive environment. A high level of proficiency using CREO for surface modelling is required for this position.
As a Design Engineer would you be responsible for:
- Development of drug delivery devices, from concept through to ready for manufacture designs.
- Validation of designs via reviews, stress analysis, geometric tolerance and testing.
- Continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities & attending training courses.
- Providing competent product design engineering and process knowledge to support with activities and business decision making within speciality area.
- Procurement of prototype parts using rapid prototype techniques and processes.
- Technical analysis, including FEA, tolerance stacks, GD&T and DFMEA.
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer, Product or Industrial Designer.
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
- Experience designing for high volume plastic injection moulding.
- Experience in medical devices, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
- Proficiency with CREO 3D CAD software.
In return you will receive
- £35 - £40 per hour.
- 5 Day payment terms.
- An innovative and creative atmosphere.
- On-site parking.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.