An award-winning specialist medical device development firm are seeking to recruit a highly qualified Mechanical Design Engineer. Based in Cambridge, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop cutting edge devices for some of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. You'll earn at least £45,000, up to 15% bonus, overtime, pension and subsidised canteen and social activities.
As Mechanical Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
* Leading the development of whole products as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
* Performing tolerance analysis to ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as FMEA, CFD and computer simulation.
* End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
* Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
* Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
To be a successful Mechanical Design Engineer you will have:
* Proven experience as a Design Engineer, Product Designer, Development Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
* Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MEng, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Product or Innovation Engineering.
* Experience in medical devices, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
* Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
* 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
* £45,000 - £50,000 per annum.
* Annual bonus.
* Regular performance appraisals.
* Annual pay reviews.
* Competitive pension scheme.
* Subsidised canteen.
* Free parking.
* Continual formal training and development.
In addition to the formal package the company promote a strong team ethics through team activities and social occasions.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.