The company are an established Aerospace Manufacturer in the South East, who supply to some of the leading OEM's in industry. Due to continued growth they now have a key requirement for a Quality Engineer to join the business. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a recognised business in industry
Responsible for providing QA support across products and processes at a strategic business level.
Managing a wide range of responsibilities including focusing on day to day management of customer quality engineering concerns, updating and alignment of Business Management System and leading Company wide health and safety initiatives.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer are as follows:
- Report and management of Customer Quality concerns with a disciplined/ robust problem solving process including Practical Problem Solving (PPS) and 8D, including management of Customer reporting portals, with timely updates to maintain scorecard metrics.
- Champion Lessons learned and support deployment of BIQ (Don't Make / Don't Pass / Don't Accept defects) through improvement and awareness initiatives. Promoting a Zero defect culture.
- Visit Customer sites where applicable, to support development of increased customer satisfaction
- Supporting the maintenance and development of company policies, processes, and procedures to maintain a compliant Business Management System in line with regulatory and customer approvals. Be the company lead for BMS application and compliance
- Coordinate an effective internal audit program to verify adherence and support BMS improvements
Requirements of the Quality Engineer, include the following:
- It is essential that you have experience in delivering improvements and working closely with OEM customers and have an understanding of flow-down requirements
- Thorough understanding of engineering problem solving methods; Six Sigma, 8D, Route Cause Analysis along with statistical tools used to analyse and evaluate problems to assist with improvement projects.
- Experienced in working to AS9100 and ISO9001 standards
- Additional experience in FAIRS, ERP/MRP, QMS databases
- NDT background is highly beneficial
In return you will receive and excellent salary and benefits package:
- £45k salary
- 25 days holiday stats
- Contributory Pension
- Additional benefits
- Free parking on site
- Ongoing training and development
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.