The company are an established Aerospace Manufacturer in the South East, who supply to some of the leading OEM's in industry. Due to continued growth they now have an urgent requirement for a Quality Engineer to join on a contract basis. Initially for 3 months but this may well be a long standing contract. Excellent rates apply
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer are as follows:
- Report and management of Customer Quality concerns with an engineering disciplined/ robust problem solving process including Practical Problem Solving (PPS) and 8D, including management of Customer reporting portals, with timely updates to maintain scorecard metrics.
- Champion Lessons learned and support deployment of BIQ (Don't Make / Don't Pass / Don't Accept defects) through improvement and awareness initiatives. Promoting a Zero defect culture.
- Supporting the maintenance and development of company policies, processes, and procedures to maintain a compliant Business Management System in line with regulatory and customer approvals. Be the company lead for BMS application and compliance
- Coordinate an effective internal audit program to verify adherence and support BMS improvements
Requirements of the Quality Engineer, include the following:
- It is essential that you have experience in delivering improvements and working closely with OEM customers and have an understanding of flow-down requirements
- Quality background in Aerospace in essential
- Thorough understanding of engineering problem solving methods; Six Sigma, 8D, Route Cause Analysis along with statistical tools used to analyse and evaluate problems to assist with improvement projects.
- Experienced in working to AS9100 and ISO9001 standards
- Additional experience in FAIRS, ERP/MRP, QMS databases
- NDT background is highly beneficial
In return you will receive the following:
- Excellent hourly rate
- Minimum 3 month contract - potential to be a long standing contract, depending on performance in first 3 months of contract
- Full time hours - Monday to Friday (M-T 8am to 5pm and Friday 8am to 1pm)
- Additional hours will be available at times
- Free parking on site
- Interested in speaking with contractors all over the UK.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.