A well-renowned manufacturer of consumer electronics are seeking to recruit a Contract Design Engineer to join their team to assist with the development of a range of new consumer products.
As Mechanical Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Development of whole products as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies (Specifically in the design of motors)
- End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
- Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
- Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer.
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BEng or BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in medical devices, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
- Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
- 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
We offer full on-contract support and advice from our team of experienced consultants.
Professional Technical employ contract Engineers across some of the UK's most prominent businesses with an integral and honest service to ensure a seamless and professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!