A rapidly expanding Aerospace business in the East Midlands, has recently acquired an additional site and due to expansion they require a Senior Buyer to join their business. The company offers an excellent and exciting working environment with future opportunities for progression and ongoing development and training program.
The Senior Buyer uses expertise for a range of purchasing activities, including managing a small team of two, pricing and negotiating with suppliers to reach highest quality and best value. You will perform complex purchasing activities, while ensuring procurement activities, while ensuring procurement procedures are compliant with government laws, relations and management objectives.
Senior Buyer Responsibilities:
- Performs complex purchasing activities including pricing, volume discounts, negotiating terms and long-term contracts with suppliers, and delivery of goodsservices
- Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders, to reach highest quality at best value
- Establishes source selection criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing
- Evaluates quotations received from prospective suppliers and makes decisions regarding award of purchase orders
- Implements formal and legal contractual documentation into the purchase orders, encompassing all corporate and government requirements
To be a successful Senior Buyer for this opportunity you will require the following
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Procurement in aerospace/manufacturing environment is essential
- Qualified in CIPS Level 5 minimum
- Demonstrated ability to write specifications, prepare bid documents, handle bidding process and analyse all bid results
- Strong experience negotiating license contracts with a track record of success
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
In return the Senior Buyer will receive the following package:
- Excellent salary package circa to £35k to £40k
- 25 Days Holiday Stat half day Fridays
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Share Saver Scheme
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Free parking on site
- Subsidised canteen facilities
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.