An exciting British technology brand whose products are sold all over the world are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. Based in South West London you will be responsible for innovation and mechanical concept development. On top of a salary of £45,000 you will also get a pension, staff discount, flexible working and more.
As Mechanical Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
* Developing new concepts for mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
* Detailed mechanical design from brief through to final prototype.
* Design and build test rigs and prototypes.
* Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
* Using Solidworks to create 3D models ready for manufacture.
The successful Design Engineer will have:
* Proven experience as a Product Design Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
* Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
* Experience in medical devices, automotive, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
* Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
* 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
* £45,000 per annum (potentially higher for the right person)
* Regular performance appraisals
* Annual pay reviews
* Flexible working
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Competitive pension scheme
* Local community volunteering
* Product discounts
* Continual formal training and development
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.