An international, award-winning Product Design Consultancy are seeking to recruit a Product Design Engineer to support their medical devices, consumer and professional goods teams. Based in London you will work closely with exciting blue-chip companies such as Sony, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Morphy Richards and Samsung to develop innovative medical devices, consumer goods and industrial systems.
As Product Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
* Leading the development of whole products as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
* Performing tolerance analysis to ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as FMEA, CFD and computer simulation.
* End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
* Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
* Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
To be a successful Design Engineer you will have:
* Proven experience as a Design Engineer, Product Designer, Development Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
* Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
* Experience in medical devices, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
* Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
* 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
In return you will receive:
* Up to £40,000 per annum basic salary
* Flexible hours
* West London, near transport links
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.