A well-established consultancy business has partnered with Professional Technical to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team on a contract basis working on cutting edge equipment for the medical/healthcare industry
As Mechanical Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Development of whole products as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
- Performing tolerance analysis to ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as FMEA, QFD and computer simulation.
- End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
- Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
- Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
- 3D CAD modelling and 2D production drawings using Solidworks.
To be considered you must have:
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer.
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
- Experience in developing medical devices (such as drug delivery, injectors, inhalers, nebulisers, diagnostics, patient monitoring)
- Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
- 3D CAD - must have significant experience with Solidworks.
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- £40-£45 per hour.
- The opportunity to work on some truly ground-breaking medical technology.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.