A globally recognised consumer electronics manufacturer based in the North East are recruiting for a Senior Design Engineer / Technical lead, defining product specification including patent clearance and product analysis. As well as a competitive salary and job security they are offering 6% pension contributions and 4x salary life insurance.
As a Senior Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Liaising with multiple teams to develop concepts for manufacture.
- Product layouts, BOM's, prototyping and testing.
- Working closely with Product Manager and other team members.
- Researching end user requirements and delivering design solutions.
- Product improvement opportunities.
- Writing product specifications.
- Keeping up to date with global legislation and standards.
- Collaborating with external technology partners and suppliers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in CATIA or similar 3D model CAD.
- Proficient in analysis and simulation.
- Excellent knowledge of materials used in durable consumer products.
- Experienced user or WindChill.
- Ability to review patent applications and developing new products around them.
- Degree or above in product design engineer or mechanical engineering.
- Experience leading multi-functional teams, allocating workloads and meeting development deadlines.
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Salary depends on experience
- 25 Days holiday
- 6% Employer contribution pension
- Life Assurance Cover 4X base salary
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.