Senior Project Engineer (Utilities)
Excellent daily rates available
The company are a leading engineering business in the midlands. They provide engineering design, project management, technical consulting and safety compliance services to manufacturing companies across the Food/FMCG/Beverage/Process/pharmaceutical markets
About The Role
As a Senior Utilities Engineer, you will be responsible for providing a consultative service and overseeing the implementation of innovative plant utility engineering projects ensuring the needs of the client are met within agreed timeframes.
Plant Utilities: Pipework, Steam, Refrigeration
What will you do?
- Ensure each project is implemented and delivered from initial conception through to installation, commissioning and final handover
- Specify and procure relevant process equipment required
- Deliver on agreed project objectives within budget and to a set deadline
- Process design experience e.g. P&ID's, utilisation calculations, mass & energy balances, pressure drop calcs, HAZOP
- Supervise the development of detailed layouts and mechanical design from block flow diagrams and P&ID's generated by the process team
- Manage the procurement process, produce specifications, project profitability as well as controlling expenditure and deadlines
- Contribute to and work to quality assurance systems and design procedures
- Ensure quality assurance and project compliance with current industry best practice and legal requirements including CDM Regulations
- Assist in the development of the process/project team, including the mentoring of graduate Engineers
- Degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline (mechanical or chemical engineering), although candidates with HNC or above together with relevant experience will also be considered
- Chartered status would be a distinct advantage, or working towards
- Ideally, you will have experience from within the brewing/food/drink/pharmaceutical, effluent treatment, renewable technologies or energy efficient systems
- Experience of HVAC, steam, compressed air, refrigeration as well as other utilities
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills required
- Flexibility to travel internationally, as and when required
- Driving Licence & car owner (essential)
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.